On the heels of completing its historic merger as well as a successful Dell EMC World event held last week in Austin, Dell EMC is breaking records in Barcelona. With its largest show presence to date, Dell EMC is showcasing its unrivaled collection of products and solutions for OpenStack customers.
As a premier sponsor of this event, Dell EMC will spotlight its commitment to the OpenStack community with a suite of offerings tailored to meet customers wherever they are on their OpenStack journey and its strong partner ecosystem. These will be showcased in multiple breakout sessions and product demonstrations.
Dell EMC has earned a leader position in the first ever Gartner Magic Quadrant for Distributed File Systems and Object Storage. We concur with the Gartner assessment that growing data absolutely necessitates storage solutions that address the needs of many use cases with low acquisition and operational costs. We believe Dell EMC is positioned in the upper right corner of the Leaders Quadrant today because of our ability to meet this need.
This report evaluates Distributed File and Object Storage vendors that help customers deal with the rapid growth in unstructured data. Isilon, the industry leader in scale-out NAS storage, and Dell EMC Elastic Cloud Storage (ECS), were both recognized as leaders in this Gartner report. We believe this recognition demonstrates our industry-leading capabilities to help prepare our customers for their digital future. Isilon and ECS help customers drive their IT and business transformation by providing storage efficiency, performance, global access and reliability at scale and economics that businesses demand. Underpinning the Dell EMC Data Lake, Isilon is the foundation for building out a consolidated single pool of storage for file-based data, while ECS combines public cloud storage features and economics with private cloud benefits.
Flash is now a standard enterprise storage option in the block world. That’s certainly not news. But did you know that block only represents 20% of all data, and the other 80% is unstructured or file data that doubles every 2-3 years?
Naturally, Dell EMC has a fix for that.
New today, Isilon All-Flash storage (formerly “Project Nitro”) will ignite the Isilon data lake for storing and managing unstructured data in the core data center. With 6X more IOPS, 8X more aggregate throughput, 47% more capacity, the blazing performance of Isilon All-Flash is sure to accelerate demanding and business critical workloads to new levels.
Whew…It’s time to take a deep breath. We just completed the largest merger in the history of technology by combining Dell and EMC. We couldn’t be more enthusiastic about helping our customers take advantage of our better together strategy and we have some exciting news on that front.
As Guy previously mentioned in his midrange blog, we are fully committed to our SC Series and Unity Systems entry & midrange solutions, and for our customers a big part of our value is in providing them with a common software experience.
DSSD D5 Rack-Scale Flash Storage And PowerEdge R730 Servers Takes SAS Analytics To The Next Level
Last week, we announced the largest merger ever in the IT industry – the merger of Dell and EMC. Today, with our announcement of new Dell EMC DSSD™ D5™ Rack-Scale Flash solution leveraging Dell EMC PowerEdge R730 servers, we are providing a great example of how the innovative technologies and products from Dell EMC provide real world solutions to customers’ problems. This new solution is optimized for SAS applications and delivers game-changing performance for SAS 9, allowing customers to take full advantage of new innovative offerings from the SAS portfolio.
The opinions and interests expressed on Dell EMC employee blogs are the employees' own and do not necessarily represent Dell EMC's positions, strategies or views. Dell EMC makes no representation or warranties about employee blogs or the accuracy or reliability of such blogs. When you access employee blogs, even though they may contain the Dell EMC logo and content regarding Dell EMC products and services, employee blogs are independent of Dell EMC and Dell EMC does not control their content or operation. In addition, a link to a blog does not mean that EMC endorses that blog or has responsibility for its content or use.