Today, EMC is announcing two new management software releases, Service Assurance (SA) Suite 9.3 and ViPR SRM 3.5, designed to accelerate delivery of next-generation software-defined services across the 2nd and 3rd Platform of IT.
EMC Service Assurance Suite 9.3 offers VMware NSX administrators the ability to manage cross-domain infrastructures with visualizations of how the physical infrastructure maps into the virtual elements all the way through to the applications and processes layers. This visualization allows customers to rapidly identify the root cause of any risk conditions and take corrective action to improve performance and availability service levels.
As customers transition to the next-generation of application infrastructures, these capabilities may become core to any operational deployment strategy for software-defined data centers.
“The VMware NSX Network Virtualization Platform offers customers the unique ability to deploy next-generation services across existing physical hardware architectures” said Hatem Naguib, vice president, networking and security at VMware. “EMC has complemented NSX with the Service Assurance Suite, providing operational visibility into applications and services across virtual and physical domains. This combination can help assure the best possible user experience and enable customers to accelerate deployments of Software-Defined architectures.”
To address the requirements of existing storage architectures for supporting next-gen apps and workloads, Service Assurance Suite 9.3 has been redesigned with new capabilities that include:
- Integration with VMware NSX with virtual-to-physical topology mapping
- New User Interface, redesigned to simplify tasks with role-based access
- Deeper application integration for improved application/process monitoring
- Improved storage fabric monitoring and VMware data center integration
Similarly, as customers architect plans to move to software-defined storage, the latest version of EMC ViPR Software-Defined Storage Platform, announced today, enables customers to build out elastic storage infrastructures to support current and next-generation applications. The importance of managing across the physical and virtual boundaries has become increasingly important.
The ViPR SRM 3.5 release delivers a whole new set of capabilities which include:
- Deeper integration with the ViPR Software-Defined Storage Platform including the ability to map Virtual Storage Pools, Projects, and Tenants to the underlying physical infrastructure
- Tighter integration with EMC VPLEX, including end-to-end topology mapping and capacity reporting for VPLEX-enabled environments
- Detailed chargeback reporting for VPLEX and ViPR, allowing ViPR tenants/projects to view chargeback reports based on Virtual Pool consumption
In order to ensure delivery of advanced architectures for physical and virtual environments without impacting service level commitments back to the business, customers should have the right infrastructure management tools to help bridge the gap between 2nd and 3rd Platform compute environments.
With the new capabilities delivered by EMC’s management software, the dynamic duo of EMC Service Assurance Suite and EMC ViPR SRM aid in establishing the solid foundation to help customers confidently move to the next phase of their journey.