Over the past 10 years, Data Domain systems have helped numerous enterprise customers transform their backup, archiving and disaster recovery with high-speed deduplication. Today, we are excited to announce the new Data Domain DD2200 deduplication storage system, which provides no-compromise data protection for midmarket customers.
With the new DD2200 EMC midmarket customers can now:
- Backup 36 TB in under 8 hours with 4.7 TB/hr ingest performance via DD Boost
- Protect up to 860 TB logical capacity in 2U with up to 17.2 TB usable capacity
- Simultaneously support up to 60 backup/archive streams
What all of this boils down to is an affordable protection storage system with enterprise-class benefits – optimized for small to midsize enterprises. This means midmarket customers can now:
- Reduce data protection storage requirements by 10 to 30x
- Achieve network-efficient disaster recovery with Data Domain Replicator
- Gain reliable recovery with the Data Domain Data Invulnerability Architecture
- Speed backups by 50% with Data Domain Boost to meet increasingly stringent SLAs
- Easily integrate with existing backup and archiving applications
- Optimize data protection via advanced integration with the newly enhanced EMC Data Protection Suite
- Reduce cost through consolidation of backup and archive work loads
The DD2200 also offers new technology that maintains data in the event of power loss. This ensures that during a power failure, in-flight data (that is in memory, but hasn’t been written to disk) will automatically be vaulted to disk. Then, as soon as power is restored, the data will be automatically restored to memory so it can be permanently written to disk. In conjunction with the Data Domain Data Invulnerability Architecture, this technology ensures that the DD2200 offers best-in-class reliability – a critical requirement for a protection storage platform.
Beyond providing new products and technologies that bring industry-leading, enterprise-class data protection to the midmarket, EMC is committed to working with the right experts to arm customers with what they need to achieve their technology and business goals. By delivering the DD2200 through EMC’s global network of channel partners, EMC is helping to ensure successful implementations for its midmarket customers, who can also implement it via new VSPEX solutions.
With VSPEX, customers can easily purchase the DD2200 with the new VNXe3200 for the ultimate storage and data protection solution. Best of all, VSPEX solutions also include the EMC Data Protection Suite, which enables customers to protect their VNXe with EMC NetWorker and leverage new NetWorker snapshot management capabilities to roll over VNXe snapshots to a Data Domain system.
For midmarket customers, choosing a data protection solution from EMC requires no compromise. The newest Data Domain system, the industry’s leading protection storage solution from the world’s largest data protection company, is optimized specifically to meet their needs.data archiving, data deduplication, Data Domain, data protection, data security, data storage, DD2200, large archive work loads