Only 43% of business leaders consider IT integral to the business. Why is this the case? Bottomline – reducing costs is just not enough. Business leaders not only want greater agility, but they also want to have greater control to use technology to solve their business challenges. They want to build new applications. They want to analyze data. They want a faster way to consume IT services.
EMC and VMware have made great strides in their “Journey to the Cloud” IT transformation framework. This framework has provided a blueprint for IT organizations that saw the benefits of commodity public clouds and wanted that value for business applications.
The first two phases of the framework (Consolidate, Virtualize Mission-Critical Applications) helped move IT organizations from 25% to 60%+ virtualized, significantly reducing costs for both infrastructure and application licensing. It laid the foundation for integrated IT organizations by enabling converged infrastructure and multiple points of automation.
Now more than ever, it’s time to deliver on the Journey to Hybrid Cloud. It’s time to bring the power of automated, on-demand, self-service capabilities within IT’s grasp and begin to accelerate the business.
EMC Cloud Solutions 2.0
EMC Cloud 2.0 brings together a framework and solutions that provide IT the ability to complete the transformation to IT-as-a-Service. Architected, tested and documented to enable rapid service creation, the EMC Cloud solutions have the following highlights:
- Self-Service, Automated, Policy-Driven Infrastructure-as-a-Service – (Leveraging VMware vCAC and vCO) – Easier for business users to consume, and simpler for IT to manage.
- Integrated Automation services that enhance application performance and operations – (Leveraging EMC ViPR) Automated Backup/Recovery; Automated Storage Tiering; Application SLAs; Intelligent Infrastructure Monitoring
- Enhanced Security – Secure Multi-Tenant architecture that ensures corporate information is properly managed for Risk and Compliance.
- Financial Transparency – Resource and group-level chargeback services.
- Open API integration - Enable rich data services for legacy and modern applications.
The EMC Cloud Solution 2.0 is built on an architecture that provides the technology agility the business desires. Adding new data services (eg. high-performance Flash-based IOPs) or APIs for web-applications will be as simple as enabling a new service that business users will see in their Self-Service portal. Giving business users more granular control over their environments (Backup frequency or RPO/RTO) is just a click away in that same Self-Service Portal. Everything enabled as a service, through either a simple portal or open API.
It’s time for IT to regain well-deserved respect within the business and have the right tools to enable the agility and services the business needs to compete and succeed. To gain competitive advantage and to help make IT more relevant to the business, EMC has also developed the IT Transformation Workshop designed to help customers prioritize their own IT initiatives and create an action plan – with specific recommendations – to accelerate their transformations.
The EMC Cloud Solution 2.0 is the framework to help get IT back to driving business value.