VSPEX is not VSPEX without two key things: 1) EMC’s technology alliance partners and 2) EMC’s channel partners. The first because VSPEX doesn’t exist without servers, networking and hypervisors, which EMC doesn’t make. The second because VSPEX is a channel-only solution – it’s our channel partners that take VSPEX to customers.
Our technology is always evolving to become higher performing and more efficient. Two recent announcements – EMC’s announcement of Next-Generation VNX, and Cisco’s announcement of support for the new Intel Xeon Processor E5-2600 v2 product family – put us back in the lab developing designs that pack the power and performance of EMC’s new VNX storage and Cisco’s new UCS servers into a VSPEX.
Today, we’re announcing the results of that lab work, through two new Cisco Validated Designs.
- Cisco Virtualization Solution for EMC VSPEX with VMware vSphere 5.1 for up to 1,000 Virtual Machines
- Cisco Virtualization Solution for EMC VSPEX with VMware vSphere 5.5 for up to 1,000 Virtual Machines
Together these 2 new CVDs cover 6 different VSPEX configurations and enable partners to deliver brand new Next-Generation VNX from EMC, and the latest Intel® Xeon®-powered Cisco UCS models in a simple, efficient and flexible VSPEX solution.
The goodness doesn’t end there. EMC and Cisco have teamed up to offer guidance on deploying specific applications on VSPEX – in this case SharePoint 2013 on Microsoft Fast Track 3.0. And as if application-specific guidance wasn’t enough, we recently completed a VSPEX Labs Validated solution that details deploying Cisco UCS Director to manage VSPEX Proven Infrastructure. This new implementation guide provides step by step instructions on how to setup, configure and operate VSPEX via Cisco UCS Director.
Since the launch of VSPEX, EMC and Cisco have worked together by:
- Enabling over 850 EMC and Cisco-certified channel partners to sell VSPEX solutions all over the globe.
- Developing Cisco Validated Designs covering several configurations making it lower-risk, fast and simple for partners to deploy VSPEX with Cisco technology.
- Making VSPEX stacks built with EMC and Cisco technology available for channel partners to test their flavor of VSPEX via VSPEX Labs.
Our joint efforts with Cisco to date have netted great results for partners and their customers. You can learn about some of those results by visiting our VSPEX Interactive Infographic.
If you’re a VSPEX-enabled partner, what would you like to see EMC and Cisco deliver together next?Tags: Chad Dunn, cloud computing, EMC VSPEX, information infrastructure, virtualization, vspex